Presented by The Kennedy Foundation
7:00pm Friday 11 Aug 2017 to 2:00am Saturday 12 Aug 2017 (Australia/Sydney)
Friday 11 Aug 2017 6:00pm (Australia/Sydney)
About this event
The NRMA Kennedy Awards recognises and celebrates the past and present greats of Australian Journalism while raising funds and awareness for Austraia's media charity - The Kennedy Foundation, supporting colleagues in hardship with compassion in confidence. Since 2012 the Black Tie gala has been staged on or around the anniversary of Les Kennedy's passing in August 2011.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The entry fee is a tax-deductible a donation of $40 to The Kennedy Foundation for each item of work entered and closes 6pm, July 1, 2017 for any material broadcast or published between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017. Finalists will be announced on July 26th.
The entry fee helps cover Kennedy Foundation administration costs. There is no limit to the number of entries, as long as each one is registered separately.
Entry is a tax deductible donation to the Kennedy foundation of $40 for every unrelated item of work
Entry for a series of (maximum five) related stories is also $40
Once registration is complete, entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include links, audio files, pdfs and photos, a recent headshot and up to 400 words in support of the entry.
In the categories of Most Outstanding Radio Current Affairs and Audio Blog an edited compilation of relevant material broadcast can be entered, and should not exceed two minutes in duration.
For video entries we suggest you upload your video to youtube.com or vimeo.com, if there is not an existing link to the piece. Dropbox is also a preferred option.
For Coca Cola Journalist of the Year, Best Columnist, Political Reporting, Powerade Young Journalist of the Year and Racing Writer you are able to enter a body of work up to a maximum of five pieces under a single $40 entry.
In the Young Journalist of the Year category entrants qualify if they are yet to turn 27 by June 30.
For all other entries competing against one's self is allowed and an entry fee is applicable for each item of work submitted.
Entries for the Cliff Neville Award for Most Outstanding Team Player must be entered on behalf of the entrant, include a photo and explanation for the nomination in a maximum 400 words. The winner will be selected by the judging committee.
The Coca-Cola Kennedy Journalist of the Year winner will receive a cash prize of $25,000
The Coca-Cola kennedy Young Journalist of the Year will receive a cash prize of $5000
Your email to email@example.com should include:
Subject line: 'Award Entry' & the category name
Date of publication or broadcast
Place & publication/outlet
A maximum 400 word summary of why your entry meets the criteria.
Award Categories Numbers for Entry Form
1. LES KENNEDY AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING CRIME REPORTING
2. PAUL LOCKYER AWARD FOR REGIONAL BROADCAST REPORTING
3. CHRIS WATSON AWARD FOR REGIONAL NEWSPAPER REPORTING
4. ROD ALLEN AWARD FOR NSW RACING WRITER OF THE YEAR
5. OUTSTANDING TURF REPORTING
6. SEAN FLANNERY AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING RADIO REPORTING
7. OUTSTANDING RADIO CURRENT AFFAIRS REPORTING & AUDIO BLOG
8. OUTSTANDING NEWS PHOTOGRAPHY
9. OUTSTANDING PORTRAIT
10. OUTSTANDING SPORTS PHOTOGRAPHY
11. OUTSTANDING ONLINE VIDEO
12. PEOPLES CHOICE FROM POWER OF THE LENS EXHIBITION
13. CLIFF NEVILLE AWARD FOR TEAM PLAYER AND MENTOR
14. PETER FRILINGOS AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING SPORT REPORTING
15. OUTSTANDING TRAVEL WRITING
16. POWERADE YOUNG JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR
17. KENNEDY AWARD FOR LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT
18. JOHN NEWFONG AWARD FOR INDIGENOUS AFFAIRS REPORTING
19. GARY TICEHURST AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING NEWS CAMERA COVERAGE
20. HARRY POTTER AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING TELEVISION NEWS REPORTING
21. OUTSTANDING TELEVISION CURRENT AFFAIRS REPORTING
22. OUTSTANDING NIGHTLY TELEVISION CURRENT AFFAIRS REPORTING (under 30 minutes)
23. OUTSTANDING FINANCE REPORTING
24. OUTSTANDING COURT REPORTING
25. OUTSTANDING CONSUMER AFFAIRS REPORTING
26. PETER RUEHL AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING COLUMNIST
27. VINCE O'FARRELL AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING ILLUSTRATION OR CARTOON
28. OUTSTANDING ONLINE NEWS BREAKING
29. OUTSTANDING REPORTING ON THE ENVIRONMENT
30. SCOOP OF THE YEAR
31. OUTSTANDING INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING
32. JIM ORAM AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING FEATURE WRITING
33. OUTSTANDING POLITICAL REPORTING
34. COCA-COLA KENNEDY JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR