Presented by Alzheimer's Australia Vic
104 Riversdale Road
Tuesday 27 Jun 2017 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm (Australia/Melbourne)
Tuesday 27 Jun 2017 8:00am (Australia/Melbourne)
About this event
Better understand dementia from the perspective of the consumer through an Educational Dementia Immersive Experience, EDIE. You will use this experience to enhance your knowledge of dementia and to develop a support plan that enables Eddie and his wife to live more confidently with dementia.
On completion of this session you will develop a greater understanding of:
- dementia across various stages
- a consumers perspective of dementia
- considerations for dementia support including individual and diverse needs
- identifying support needs in partnership with the client and their carer
- how to develop a dementia support plan that focuses on enabling a person living with dementia.
Suitable for all staff providing support for people living with dementia in various care settings.