Presented by The Kennedy Foundation
7:00pm Friday 10 Aug 2018 to 2:00am Saturday 11 Aug 2018 (Australia/Sydney)
Friday 10 Aug 2018 5:00pm (Australia/Sydney)
About this event
The NRMA Kennedy Awards recognises and celebrates the past and present greats of Australian journalism while raising funds and awareness for Australia's media charity - The Kennedy Foundation, supporting colleagues in hardship with compassion in confidence. Since 2012 our gala presentation ceremony and black tie ball has been staged on or around the anniversary of Les Kennedy's passing in August 2011.
Following registration here, entries and all relevant links files and supporting statements, must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm July 1st, 2018. Finalists will be announced at 7pm on July 25th.
PLEASE NOTE: All submissions must include a current photograph of the entrant.
1. Outstanding Crime Reporting
2. Regional Broadcast Reporting
3. Regional Newspaper Reporting
4. NSW Racing Writer Of The Year
5. Outstanding Turf Reporting
6. Outstanding Radio Reporting
7. Outstanding Radio Current Affairs Reporting & Audio Blog
8. Outstanding News Photography
9. Outstanding Portrait
10. Outstanding Sports Photography
11. Outstanding Online Video
12. People's Choice from Power of The Lens Exhibition
13. Team Player And Mentor
14. Outstanding Sport Reporting
15. Outstanding Travel Writing
16. Young Journalist of The Year
17. Lifetime Achievement
18. Indigenous Affairs Reporting
19. Outstanding News Camera Coverage
20. Outstanding Television News Reporting
21. Outstanding Television Current Affairs Reporting Long Form
22. Outstanding Nightly Television Current Affairs Reporting
23. Outstanding Finance Reporting
24. Outstanding Court Reporting
25. Outstanding Consumer Affairs Reporting
26. Outstanding Columnist
27. Outstanding Illustration or Cartoon
28. Outstanding Online News Breaking
29. Outstanding Reporting on The Environment
30. Scoop of The Year
31. Outstanding Investigative Reporting
32. Outstanding Feature Writing
33. Outstanding Political Reporting
34. Journalist of the Year
- Please submit all entries to email@example.com - as PDF files, AV and audio files, links or JPEGS by July 1, 2018. Finalists will be announced 7.30pm, Wednesday July 25th.
Judging Process and Entry Criteria
Three finalists in each category will be selected and the judging committee will choose the winner - recognising exceptional examples of ground breaking, gutsy and creative journalism demonstrating a profound and enduring impact.
Judges will also take into account resources, research, preproduction, preparation, logistical challenges, public interest and community benefit.
Entrants are required to disclose any formal corrections, claims of plagiarism or legal proceedings related to the entry after its publication. By registering, the entrant attests to the originality of work and its compliance with copyright rules.
Dealing with Conflict of Interest in Judging
The Kennedy Awards strives to avoid the reality or perception of a conflict of interest that emerges in the judging process. The judging committee comprises a selection of respected leaders in Australian journalism.
The Kennedy Awards Committee will monitor any potential for a personal or professional relationship to undermine the independence, fairness and objectivity of the judging process.
Judging the work of entrants from their own media organisation will not necessarily disqualify a judge.
Before the judging process begins each judge will be required to identify any potential conflict of interest and notify the organising committee, and the appropriate changes will be made if necessary.
Finalists will be posted on the Kennedy Awards website at the completion of a function to announce the finalists at The Crown Hotel on the evening of Wednesday, July 25, 2018. Finalists in the photographic awards will be announced at the July 26 launch of The Power of the Lens Exhibition, showcasing the work of all Kennedy Awards entrants.
For details on individual awards category sponsorship opportunities & 2018 Kennedy Sponsorship Packages and contact: STEVE WARNOCK at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0424 407 717.